Thursday, July 12, 2007

Die Hard 4.0 with granny

I mentioned in the main blog that I was taking my grandmother to see Die Hard 4.0, as an early birthday present for her. She is a huge Bruce Willis fan and an action addict. "All those mooshy, romantic movies I can watch on TV. If Im going to the theater, I want to watch something with a little action and speed to it." She is a tiny woman of age and she loves car chases and explotions on film.

-So Die Hard was a natural choice. I also wanted to watch the movie again, as I was a little disappointed by the picture quality of the theater I watched it in last time. I was also surrounded by 15 year old boys with cellphones, and since I got free tickets anyway, it didnt bother me to spend a few bucks/kroner on this one. -After all, how else will Bruce Willis get paid? Poor guy needs a few extra bucks.

Anyways, to make a long story short; the movie still rocks! I picked up on a few more jokes this time around, and I still love John McClanes reaction to "special agent Johnson". You probably have to be a big Die Hard fan to pick up on that one...but look for it next time you watch it. -Its priceless. From his expression it looks like he already knows things are going to turn out bad, just by the fact that there is a Agent Johnson there....in charge. Granny loved it too. She couldnt stop gushing about it once we got out of the theater. And when I told her most of the stunts were actual stunts and not done on computers, she smiled from ear to ear, and told me that "Bruce Willis does most of his stunts, you know. Ive read about it!" She also said it was the most action packed movie she had ever seen him in, and I cant disagree. Ironically enough, the movie is PG13...doesnt look that way. Its kind of a relief not to have to deal with all the blood...although it was a little unusual to watch a John McClane with such clean language...He usually cuss more. But thats ok. It works anyway, and granny loved it...Which was all that mattered last night.

I knew I could count on granny.

2 comments:

thefoolishvet said...

LMAO, I love your granny, Linn. And she keeps herself so updated about stunts, who did what, who jumped where, cussing count etc... She's too cool. Tell her she has a big fan in Italy! (temporarily deployed in Ecuador)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.