Monday, December 22, 2008

Bad Santa (2003)

One of my favorite Christmas movies is 'Bad Santa'. Not because I get sentimental watching it...not because it is a beautiful film...'cause lets face it, it is not. The movie is disgusting, Billy Bob Thornton is digusting and the language is pretty disgusting too. I guess that is why I love it so much. The film is so far out there, yet a little sexy. I find it frightening that I am slightly attracted to Billy Bob's character, and if you watch this film you too will find that frightening. Brett Kelly playing the little kid is wonderful and so is Bernie Mac. John Ritter too is a delight, playing the typical "I-want-to-please-everyone" character.

This is the kind of movie that makes you laugh out loud at inappropriate places, while still having enough heart to move you just a littlebit. It is far from a comedy, yet no drama and certainly no action film...so what is it? I have no idea. But it sure is fun!

Just a heads up, if you havent already seen it.

1 comment:

sara said...

your movie blog is -so- dead, lol... I love Bad Santa, though... :D